ICD-10-CM Transition Overview - 7/22/13
Transitioning to ICD-10-CM: What is the impact for Public Health Surveillance? - 4/24/14
Training Session: Mapping Tool between two code sets: ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS - 6/3/14
Planning for the ICD-10-CM Transition - 11/12/14
MapIT - Introduction to Mapping Tool 2015 - 3/16/15
The following resources are aimed to help inform and prepare public health practitioners for the ICD-10 conversion.
- NAHDO Tool to Support ICD-9/10 Transition -- supported by CDC / OPHSS / CSELS / DHISAs part of the Cooperative Agreement through OSTLTS via PHII and sponsored by OPHSS / CSELS / DHIS, NAHDO (National Association of Health Data Organizations) has announced the release of a new tool (SAS code) to facilitate the differentiation between ICD-9 and 10 codes should both occur within the same records or dataset. CDC staff worked with the NAHDO / UC Davis team in reviewing and validating code along with supplemental materials (within confines of CoAg) prior to release.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid ICD-10-CM page
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) ICD-10-CM page
- CDC: 2014 Release of ICD-10-CM page
- AAPC ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM Translator
- HIMSS ICD-10-CM Playbook
- General Equivalence Mappings (GEMs)
- ASTHO ICD-10-CM Transition page
- AHIMA ICD-10-CM page
- ICD-10-CM Implementation Tracker
- ICD-10-CM Hub
- Simple Steps to ICD-10-CM Success - This Nextgen Healthcare infographic provides helpful tips to "get you on track" to ICD-10-CM success.
- ICD-10: The History, the Impact, and the Keys to Success - This white paper providers an overview of the history of ICD-10-CM and limitations of ICD-9-CM while also pointing out the benefits and impact and ICD-10-CM with specific details of the conversion and outlining ways to prepare for a succession transition. From the AAPC.
- The ICD-10-CM Transition and Public Health Surveillance - What You Need to Know - The CDC ICD-10-CM Transition Workgroup developed this quick fact style document that provides a brief overview of the important information regarding the ICD-10-CM conversion.
- Implications of ICD-9/10-CM Transition for Public Health Surveillance: Challenges, Opportunities, and Lessons Learned from Multiple Sectors of Public Health - This is an abstract from the 2012 ISDS Conference for a roundtable discussion moderated by Peter Hicks of the CDC and Atar Baer of Public Health Seattle and King County.
- ICD-10-CM Facilitated Discussion Summary - National Association of Health Data Organizations (NAHDO) Webinar, September 6, 2012. This webinar discussion was focused on the preparations state data agencies have made or are planning to make for the transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM. This document is a summary of the discussions from the webinar.
- 2013 ISDS Pre-Conference Workshop Presentation - ICD-9/10 Mapping Strategies - This presentation from Atar Baer at Public Health - Seattle & King County outlines strategies to approaching the ICD-9/10 transition including 1) reviewing each code individually and 2) reviewing codes as part of an established syndrome.
- 2014 National Survey on ICD-10-CM Readiness - eHealth Initiative and AHIMA hosted an industry wide survey on ICD-10-CM readiness in June 2014. The survey, sponsored by Edifecs, assessed the anticipated impact of ICD-10-CM.
- ICD-10-CM Implemetation Project Log and Risk Matrix - A matrix developed by an ICD-10-CM Implementation Project.
- Making a Smooth Transition: Avoiding the Top 5 Risks of the ICD-10-CM Conversion - This white paper outlines the top 5 risks that practices should expect during the ICD-10-CM transition.
- ICD-10-CM Action Plan: Your 12-Step Transition Plan for ICD-10-CM - Written by the AMA CPT Medical Informatics Department.